The second part of 2023 has flown by, keeping us busy is the main street upgrade, formation of ECA working groups, advocating for maintenance works and success with grants.
April - May
● Bunnings BBQ Fundraiser
● Mount Barker Courier Article - Main Street Powerline Undergrounding/Upgrade
● Completed 4 Community Resilience Meetings (Mount Barker District Council & Red Cross)
● Stakeholder Reference Group Meetings 3 & 4 regarding Main St Upgrade
● Met with South Ward Councillors and MBDC regarding Battunga Road drainage issues
June - July
● Successful Mt Barker Council grants: native landscaping around the picnic shelter and
signage for the Community Park space.
● Mount Barker Courier Article - MBDC grants
● Community Breakfast Event
● Mount Barker Courier Article - Community Breakfast
● Interviewed to contribute to MBDC grant review process
● Met with wider community groups to discuss MBDC grants review
● ECA General Meeting
● Development of Echunga Walking Trail Group
● Stakeholder Reference Group Meeting 5 regarding Main St Upgrade
● Earthworks undertaken in Community Park for power and landscaping
● Development of Community Kitchen Garden Group
● Power to the Community Park complete, the lights are on in the picnic shelter!
● Stakeholder Reference Group Meeting 6 regarding Main St Upgrade
● Met with Councillor Voogt regarding "all things Echunga"
● Attended Council Briefing Session about the Echunga Main Street Upgrade
● Successful Stronger Communities Federal grant for a BBQ in the picnic shelter